The Morton Arboretum and Illinois DNR are hosting three forest health workshops on Aug 30 at Morton Arboretum in Lisle, September 6 at the Jackson County Extension in Murphysboro, and September 19 at State Fairgrounds in Springfield.
The 2012 Forest Health Workshops are designed for IDNR District Foresters, forest landowners, Walnut Council Association, Commercial Arborists, City Foresters, and green professionals.
- Field diagnostics
- Insect and disease lifecycles
- Non chemical & chemical management practices
- Insect and disease updates ¡V Thousand cankers of black walnut, bur oak blight, bacterial leaf scorch, oak wilt, Dutch elm disease, Phytophthora ramorum
- IL DNR Forest Health and Protection program
- Community trees ¡V Asian longhorned beetle survey, municipal EAB management and Home Owner Association landscape management guides
- EAB Management Survey Results
There will be classroom presentations, but most of the workshop will be spent outdoors. Registration to each workshop is limited to the first 50 applicants.
Registration fee will include refreshments, lunch, and workshop supplies Roughly 5 CEUs will be available for ISA Certified Arborists. The workshop itineraries will be made available soon.
Registration can be paid by credit card through The Morton Arboretum Registrar (630) 719-2468 to register, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00.
Fredric Miller, Ph.D.
Phone (815) 280-2740
Stephanie Adams, M.S.
Phone (630) 719-7946